DIY Salesforce Data Migration
Learn how to transfer data from your old database into Salesforce without the stress.
Using Salesforce has many advantages, but what do you do if you already have a substantial amount of development and program information saved in another database, or in spreadsheets? Entering all that information manually would take far too much time, so data migration is the solution. If you can download your data into a Salesforce friendly spreadsheet, you can upload it en masse to your new Salesforce instance.
In this workshop, you will learn how to prepare data for a successful migration, practice uploading large databases, and understand how to use a data loader effectively. We will focus on challenging scenarios like migrating donation information and adding spouses and children into an existing household.
Leave with the confidence and knowledge to:
- Preparare data in Excel
- Understand the differences between various data migration tools: Data Loader, Dataloader.io, Data Wizard
- Execute simple migration: Contacts and Accounts
- Execute Intermediate Migration, such as:
- Migrating Donations and attaching the data to Accounts
- Migrating Cases and attaching the data to Contacts
- Adding Contacts to Campaigns through Migration
- Execute Advanced Migration, such as using External ID’s to attach Donations to Accounts
- Insert, Update and Delete with a data migration tool.
Salesforce Bootcamp for Nonprofits 101 completion, or equivalent experience, is a pre-requirement for registration. Please contact us at (978) 232-9200 if you have any questions about this requirement.
Register for Upcoming Sessions
Half-Day Workshop (Morning)
$99 Introductory Offer
Take the whole day!
Salesforce for Event Management – Click & Pledge and More is offered in the afternoon.
$99 Introductory Offer per workshop