Updated for 2017
501Partners works with many organizations that need to know if their program participants are above or below the Federal Poverty Line. We created the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the NPSP App as an extension of the Nonprofit Starter Pack 3’s Household Account model to help nonprofits keep track of this information without having to look up the information in the federal tables or manually compute a percentage.
The US Government has released its annual guidance on the federal poverty levels, and we’ve updated the Federal Poverty Guidance spreadsheet used in our app to reflect the 2017 guidance. If you installed our app in 2015 or 2016, please update your data to stay current with the latest government guidelines.
- Go to Setup->Develop->Custom Settings
- Click on “Manage” next to “Federal Poverty Guidelines”
- Click “Delete” to clear out the prior year levels
- Download the 2017 Federal Poverty Guidance spreadsheet and save it to your computer
- Go to dataloader.io and log in to production Salesforce
- Choose “New Task”
- Choose “Import”
- Choose “Insert”
- Find “FederalPovertyGuidelines” in the object list and click “Next”
- Upload the 2017 Federal Poverty Guidance spreadsheet that you downlaoded in step 1
- All of the fields should auto-map, so click “Next”
- “Save and Run” and you’re done!
The app is a quick-and-easy way for case managers, development professionals and administrators working with clients to calculate a household’s percentage of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. It’s our commitment to you to continue to update the app when new federal poverty guidelines are issued, and to support this app for the nonprofit Salesforce community.